Tuesday, November 4, 2014

We the People


It's only happened a little over a hundred times in our country.  We the people are doing today what our forefathers envisioned we would do every two years – vote.  The constitution is what defines us.  I find it amazing that the entire House of Representatives is up for a vote today.  And one third of the Senate.  There are no kings here.  The checks and balances in our government are in place to make sure the power remains with us, we the people.

There's only one way to make sure our voice is heard.  Vote.  I cast my ballot last Thursday, across the street from my wife's workplace.  We enjoyed a lunch date together at the local bowling alley before I voted.  There are so many places around the world where this isn't possible.  We are free.  We are the people who determine the direction our country will move.  Today is the day.  Stand up and be counted.

No comments: