Look at those negativity bombs bursting in air. Aren't they a sight to behold? They come in many varieties. Hand grenades. Sniper shots. Stink bombs filled foul language. Senseless tirades. All of them with one purpose – to draw you in to the war zone. Misery loves company. I have some ideas to help you survive the negativity bombs. Here you go:
- Seek Cover. I find shelter reading the Bible. Jesus is the best example I know. He retreated to quiet places. He sought the company of good friends.
- Resist Escalation. The best way to win an argument is to avoid it. Negative people want conflict. They derive all their power from the fight. If you lay down your weapons, they move on.
- Understand Your Enemy. John McEnroe used left-handed tactics to get under his opponent's skin. The true champions recognized his antics and stayed on the other side of the net, allowing John to vent at the chair umpire.
- Keep Smiling. If you show any signs the negativity bombs are hurting you, the attacks will intensify. Your smile is your best weapon.
- Be Vigilant. Miserable people like to call attention to themselves. If you pay attention, you can see them coming from a mile away. Stay out of their war path.