Friday, November 14, 2014

Get Comfortable Being Uncomfortable


Sometimes I feel like Gumby, that stretchable green figure made out of clay.  Life has a way of pulling at us from all sides.  The trick is to learn how to get comfortable in uncomfortable situations or surroundings.  I never thought I'd be blogging in 12º weather but that's what my thermometer reads right now.  And I'm comfortable.  A wise man once taught me, "always affect your environment, never let it affect you."  Another mentor said, "never criticize, condemn or complain."  That's why I make heart-shaped love messages in the snow for my wife.  I have a strong desire to get comfortable in whatever environment I find myself in.  I want to change.  I want to thrive.  I understand I must be willing to be uncomfortable in order to become the person God created me to be.

Steal a page from Gumby's playbook when the world is tugging at you.  The more uncomfortable you feel, the more you will grow from your experiences... and you will always bounce back.  Gumby never broke.  You have the power within you to adapt.  Be flexible.  Get comfortable being uncomfortable.

No comments: