Saturday, November 29, 2014

Sharing My Three Secret Ingredients For Daily Living

Bono from U2 sings he still hasn't found what he's looking for in the YouTube video below.  The crowd chimes in.  Everyone's searching for something.  Listen to the lyrics...


I have good news.  I found it.  The answer wasn't in the highest mountains.  It wasn't found running through the fields.  It was discovered in a three-part prayer.  It's easy to swallow but it takes time to digest.  I recommend daily doses in order to build up a healthy immune system.  These are my three secret ingredients for daily living...
  1. Serenity.  Ask God to grant you the serenity to accept the things you cannot change.  This is not easy.  It doesn't happen overnight.  Don't give up.  
  2. Courage.  Ask God to give you the courage to change things in your life that need changing.  Most people fail in the courage department because they are afraid of how others will react.  They fear failure.  They even fear success.  Change cannot come about without courage.
  3. Wisdom.  This was my first prayer request when I was a lost teenager with bare cupboards in the wisdom department.  True wisdom is knowing in your heart what you're capable of changing and what's outside your area of expertise.  It's putting serenity, courage and wisdom in a mixing bowl and trusting God that what comes out of the oven is a recipe for amazing daily living.  This recipe isn't my own.  I plagiarized it and I'm reprinting it here for you so that you may live an abundant life.  Here it is...

The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference. 
If you happen to run into Bono or any of his fans, please share this prayer and tell them you've found what you're looking for.

No comments: