Saturday, November 22, 2014

Do You Have an Action Plan For Your Dreams?


Are your dreams swirling around in your head searching for a way to become reality?  If so, the one thing missing may be an action plan.  Without it, your dreams will stay stuck in Fantasy Land or Tomorrow Land.  Why not buy them a ticket to Adventure Land?  It's simple.  Write out an action plan today for who, what, when and how.  I'll share how I use this strategy for achieving my writing goals...
  1. Who?  Me.  My job is to come up with the subject and create the material.  I do involve others for editing and creative design for the book covers but I pretty much do most of the writing solo.
  2. What?  My next two book titles are The Caveman in the Mirror and Break the Chains of Debt Bondage.
  3. When?  The Caveman in the Mirror is scheduled for release on March 17, 2015.  Break the Chains of Debt Bondage will be published on July 4, 2015.
  4. How?  I block out time to write one chapter a week for The Caveman in the Mirror.  Our son's announcement that he's enlisting in the army in January next year influenced my writing schedule and I decided to skip a bunch of weeks in order to have more family time before he departs.  Some personal matters related to my third book also needed immediate attention this year.  The time I invested in this area will pay off when I turn these experiences into future chapters.  Once my second book is complete, all of my writing time in April, May and June will be budgeted for my third book in order to reach my self-imposed deadline for release.
My daily blogging plan is simple...wake up, pick a blog topic and write about it, find a picture and publish by 8:08 AM, Pacific Time.  This has worked well these last 1,900+ consecutive days, rain or shine.  Keep your action plan simple and adjust it when necessary to maintain balance in your life.  Have a great day.

No comments: