Sunday, June 22, 2014

You Are What You Focus On


“Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habit. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.” ~ Lao Tzu

I participated in a cholesterol screening at my day job yesterday.  The results showed I'm in the normal range.  That wasn't true the last time I was evaluated.  It turns out that my lack of focus last year on healthy food choices caused my cholesterol levels to soar.  I made a commitment to changing my food habits.  I said good-bye to junk food.  My focus on healthy foods paid off.  I'm slimmer, more energetic and about ten pounds lighter.  All I did was focus.  I took it one day at a time.  It paid off.  This lesson can be applied to every area of my life.  It starts with a thought.  The thought turns into words.  Words become actions.  Actions become habit.  Habits become character.  And character becomes destiny.  You are what you focus on.  Change your focus and you can change your life.  Are you ready to put your thoughts under a microscope?  What do you see?

No comments: