Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Maximize Your Life Through Minimalism


I shared the link you see below with my wife this morning.  It's a story about an Oregon family who built an incredible home for about $22,000 ($33,000 if you count the appliances).  "The only thing missing for us is a basement," she replied after she saw the pictures, reminding me we need shelter from possible tornadoes here in the Midwest.  I watched the video at the end of the story and noticed something special about this family.  They figured out a way to get rid of their debt and maximize their lives through minimalism. 

I admit that minimalist living is not something that just happens overnight.  It takes time to downsize.  I'm still working on this and have a long way to go.  It sure has its appeal.  Click here for the link to see pictures of an amazing home and take a video tour.  Do you think you could ever downsize your life to this level?  Please share your thoughts in the comments section.

No comments: