Sunday, June 29, 2014

Assign Peak Energy to Peak Tasks


I've been tweaking my peaking ever since I discovered I'm a writer.  It's been a long and winding road.  The lessons I learned about maximizing productivity are applicable to any area of your life.  You may have heard "do it now" or "do the most important task first."  These ideas may help you complete the important tasks in your life, however, they may not necessarily help you complete them to the best of your ability.  That's because your peak energy levels may occur at different times throughout the day.

Try keeping a log for one week recording how you feel from the time you wake up until you go to sleep.  Look for patterns showing times when you feel you are at your best.  You may discover you're a night owl.  If that's the case, re-arrange your day so your peak energy levels are reserved for your most important priorities.  Watch your performance soar.  This made a big difference in my writing life.  Today is my 1,768th consecutive day of writing.  Nearly 100% of my posts are penned in my "writing zone," the point in my day of maximum productivity.  That time period happens to be when most others are still snoozing.  How about you?  Are you working on your most important tasks when you have the highest energy levels?  Please share your answers in the comments section.

No comments: