Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I Found My Running Legs


Some big mile markers are on the road ahead.  My wife and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary next month.  And my five year blogaversary is coming up in August.  There were times when my legs cramped.  I wondered if my pace was right.  No matter how hilly the course got or how difficult the conditions, I told myself, "keep running."  Long distance runners will tell you there is a time when you hit the wall.  Every runner experiences this.  The real battle isn't in your legs – it's in your head.  You decide whether to keep going or give up.  The good news is that if you can find a way to keep going, something good happens – you find your running legs.

Here are some words that describe what it feels like to find your running legs:  exhilaration, confidence, hope, perseverance, optimism, positivity, endurance, peace, strength and happiness.  It feels good to be on the track.  I don't really care when I cross the finish line.  It's not the finish line that I'm concerned with.  It's the journey.  I plan to savor every step.  Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to share the road with you.  You inspire me to keep going.  If you have a moment, please share what mile markers you are approaching in your life.


No comments: