Sunday, June 8, 2014

What Happens When You Stick Your Head in the Sand?


Something bad happened.  Maybe your first reaction is to stick your head in the sand and hope your problems disappear.  Guess what?  They don't.  The world can still see you.  You look silly.  And you become a fixed target for everyone else to attack you.  Don't stick your head in the sand.  You will suffocate.  It's no fun getting sand in your eyes.

I can't even count all the times in my life when my first thought was to bury my head and hide when I found myself in trouble.  I learned something about playing defense.  It helps when your eyes are wide open and you can see your opponent.  Most bullies don't expect to be counter-attacked.  Surprise them.  Show them what your made of.  And when you're done, leave me a comment about how it worked for you.  Are you ready to pull your head out of the sand?

No comments: