Thursday, June 5, 2014

The Truth About Designer Labels


Many of the clothes in my closet are labeled with the house brand.  I enjoy quality products without the expensive labels.  The sad truth is that many of us judge others by the labels we wear.  This goes beyond clothing.  How many times have you been asked what label you wear in religion or politics?  Beware.  Your answers can get you in hot water.

Jesus addressed the label issue 2,000 years ago.  He said, "My Father's house has many rooms," ~ excerpt from John 14:2.  I like to think of Jesus as the doorman.  He welcomes people of all denominations into his Father's house.  No one gets in unless they enter through the front door.  Jesus really doesn't care what label they're wearing.  Neither do I.  I refuse to judge people by the clothes they wear.

All beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Make sure you see the person underneath the label they're wearing.  My greatest hope is that when you look beyond my label you see Jesus.  He's not a Republican, Democrat or Independent.  He was mocked for the religious label we was born into and decided to open up the brand to anyone who wants to follow him.  Here's a little secret about Jesus many denominations overlook – he knows where the best grapes grow.  If you ask him about his favorite wine, he'll tell you, "try the house brand."

No comments: