Friday, June 13, 2014

A Double Dose of Superstition Today


It's Friday the 13th today and there's a full moon tonight.  This won't happen again until August 13, 2049.  And the last time we celebrated a full moon on Friday the 13th was October 13, 2000.  I wonder how many people will crawl under the covers today to avoid bad luck.  Or how many people will buy a lottery ticket because they're feeling extra lucky today.  As for me, I don't rely on the alignment of the planets or any other superstitious beliefs.  I leave my unread fortune cookies at the dinner table and I refrain from horoscopes.  That doesn't mean I lack belief in the supernatural.  I do.  I believe Jesus has a plan.  He is with us every day, whether the moon is waxing, waning or shining in its full brilliance in the night sky.

Our days our numbered.  Each day has its own unlimited potential.  Seize it.  Savor it.  Live it.  And don't worry if you step on a crack – your mama's back will be just fine.  Have a happy Friday the 13th.

No comments: