Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Why You Should Pray Without Ceasing

Pray without ceasing ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:17


Prayers are like gas in your tank.  When you're running on fumes, you're in danger of being stranded on the side of the road.  Keep your reservoir full.  And here's something to consider when you look at the gas gauge – is your tank half empty or half full?  The answer probably depends on your fuel additive.  It's labeled gratitude.  A little bit goes a long way.  It helps you focus on what you have in your life, not what you lack.  It helps you get more miles per gallon.

One of the best lessons I've learned about prayer is how it calms you in periods of stress.  Jesus prayed often.  He asked his friends to pray for him during his greatest trials.  His friends usually fell asleep at the wheel.  I'm doing my best to respond to all prayer requests from friends and family members.  These requests seem to be escalating lately.  Now more than ever, I feel we need to be praying without ceasing.

If you have a prayer request, please email me and let me know what I can specifically pray for.  And in case you didn't know, you're already on my prayer list.  I thank God every day for all the people I come in contact with and for the opportunity to serve them.  Thank you for connecting with me today.

No comments: