Friday, February 7, 2014

Why I Don't Use Cruise Control

I'm counting my blessings in a big way today.  I'm thankful that I have all I need in my life.  It has been nearly two years since I began some much needed downsizing and I'm happy to report that I'm learning some important life lessons.  Cruise control is not an option in the car I drive.  In fact, the only thing automatic in my 1996 Honda is the transmission.  I don't think power windows would work in temperatures like we have in the Winter.  And cruise control is better suited for those who avoid the roads less traveled.  Not me.  I like a good challenge.  I like to see how far I can push myself when I'm facing a tough situation. 

It takes discipline to live within your means.  You have to put the blinders on when the temptations seep in.  I'm now a happy member of the "enough club."  Yes, I have enough.  It's the simple things that put a smile on my face.

My prayer for you today is that you discover how fulfilling life can be when you turn off the cruise control.  Enjoy all the speed bumps.  Experience your life to its fullest potential.

No comments: