Monday, February 17, 2014

Why Consistency Matters

Today's story is #1,636 in an unbroken chain of 1,636 consecutive days of blog writing.  It started out as a simple promise to publish all the good God is doing in my life.  Through all my good days and my challenging days, the one thing that never changes is my commitment to consistency.  I believe consistency matters.  Consistency is the tortoise that remains on the racetrack long after all the spectators have gone home.  Slow and steady wins the race.

If you are struggling in the area of consistency, I have an idea for you to consider.  Take a moment and determine what is missing in your life.  What is the number one thing that you are not doing that you really want to pursue?  This is your passion.  Decide today that you are going to start doing, TODAY.  Now do it.  Pursue your passion daily.  Make time for it, even if it is only for fifteen minutes.  Stop making excuses.  Become that tortoise that remains on the racetrack.  Push yourself to move forward, even on the days when you don't feel like it.  You have it within you to become consistent.  Take the first step today.

No comments: