Sunday, February 16, 2014

How Do You Handle Distractions?


This time of year in the Midwest there shouldn't be many distractions.  The snow falls at regular intervals and the negative temperature readings make outdoor activities almost impossible.  So why am I having trouble accomplishing my goals for this year?  Is anyone out there in the cyber-world having the same challenges?

I made a promise to read the Bible cover to cover by the end of this year.  My original strategy was simple – set aside fifteen minutes a day and read excerpts outlined in an online one year Bible Study.  Here it is the middle of February and I'm still on the second week of readings from January.  Which is stronger, the commitment or the distractions?

The Evil One is laughing at me right now.  He sent my family a fireball from Hell in November and it blasted a big hole in my comfort zone.  Instead of working on my goals, I grabbed a fire extinguisher and concentrated on the fire in the kitchen.  Yes, the distractions in my life are hurting my productivity.  I need to modify my strategy in order to put out all the fires and accomplish my goals for this year.  The good news is that there is still plenty of time left in the year to overcome my distractions and get back on course.  Stay tuned for the rest of the story.


No comments: