Monday, February 24, 2014

Are You on the Same Page With Your Spouse?


The number one question I get asked from people in my new community is, "Are you happy in your new surroundings?"  The answer is yes.  I think it has more to do with being on the same page as my wife than anything else.  The follow-up question is, "How are you dealing with the cold winters?"  The truth is there are challenges in any area you call home.  I believe my challenges help me to grow into a more complete person.  I believe I thrive better when I'm dealing with "opponents."  I see Mother Nature as an adversary who pushes me outside my comfort zone.  It's easy to get soft when the year-round weather is similar to living on an island in Hawaii.  When Mother Nature serves up temperatures approaching negative 50º with the windchill factor, that's your opportunity to grow.  Besides, I never would have seen the Iowa sunset I photographed above had I not left my California comfort zone.

I made a commitment to love and honor my wife all the days of my life.  As long as I'm on the same page she is on, there is nothing in this world that can get me down.  We have some bold goals for this New Year.  I find myself content.  How about you?  Are you on the same page with your spouse or loved one?  If not, what can you do to get yourself on the same page?

No comments: