Saturday, February 8, 2014

Some Ideas For Living Your Life Without Fear


Our pastor shared a joke about the Christian who was thrown into the lion's den.  He got down on his knees and prayed, "Dear Lord, please convert the lion who is about to attack me into a Christian lion."  Moments later, the lion entered the arena and charged at the defenseless man.  Suddenly, he stopped and fell to his knees.  He put his paws together and said, "Bless this oh Lord, and these thy gifts, which we are about to receive."

I believe in the power of prayer.  It's a powerful tool to help you deal with fear.  Any fear.  All you have to do is call out.  The Creator of the universe is waiting to hear from you.  Here are some other ideas to help you live without fear:
  1. Decide today that you have a destiny.  You were created for a special purpose.  Fear is the tactic the enemy uses to try and confuse you about your destiny.  The voices you hear in your head that say, "I'm not good enough" or "I can't win" are voices of the Evil One.  He is jealous that God loves you and is on your side.
  2. Use your obstacles to learn how to get better.  I used to be afraid of the obstacles.  Once I learned that they are there to help me get stronger, I quit being afraid of them.  In fact, I welcome them because I believe they are necessary in order to reach my ultimate destiny.
  3. Become friends with people who live without fear in their lives.  When I'm having a rough day, there are certain people I go to for encouragement.  These people are quick to offer me a prayer.  They understand we all have a purpose.  Get to know these people and call on them when you feel a panic attack coming on.
May your life be filled with peace and joy.  My prayer for you today is that all your fears go away forever.  Have a great day.

No comments: