Thursday, February 13, 2014

How to Become a Prayer Warrior


Have you ever been in the presence of a prayer warrior?  They all seem to have one thing in common – a remarkable ability to remain calm when the world around them is in chaos.  My wife is one of them.  My mother is a prayer warrior.  My grandmother was a prayer warrior.  There are a number of relatives on both sides of my family who are prayer warriors.  I wear the prayer warrior band you see pictured above to remind myself to pray more often.  Every time I look at it, I think about my list.  The list gets longer and longer as each day passes.  Breadwinners are losing their jobs.  People in my circle of friends are dealing with cancer.  The only effective weapon I know is prayer.  If you are interested in becoming a prayer warrior, all that is required is for you to invite Jesus into your heart.  He will take care of everything.

Do you remember the TV show, Kung Fu?  The master told his young student, "Grasshopper, when you are able to snatch the pebble from my hand, you will be ready."

The same is true with prayer warriors.  In order to snatch the pebble, you must learn an important lesson about prayer – your prayers are for everyone, even your most hated enemies.  When you're able to pray for your enemies to be blessed and have abundant lives, you have reached the highest levels.  This may take a lifetime.  Are you ready to get started, Grasshopper?

No comments: