Monday, October 28, 2013

Your Genie in a Bottle


How would it feel if you found a magic lamp at a garage sale and when you rubbed it a genie popped out and granted you three wishes?  What would you wish for?  Think about it for a moment.  Your wishes help you identify what you're searching for in your life.

I remember I time in my youth when I wanted something but it seemed so elusive.  Many people around me had it.  Not me.  The one thing I wanted more than anything was wisdom.  Nope.  There was no genie in a bottle waiting for me.  So I wandered.  There was no magical moment.  Years passed.  One day I read a story about a man who discovered a hidden treasure in a field.  When he found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went out and sold all he had and bought that field.  The treasure he found was even better than a genie with three wishes.  The man found the Kingdom of Heaven.  Jesus was sharing this story with His followers in Matthew 13:44.

Jesus is the real deal.  He wants you to open the bottle and let Him out so He can be with you.  I believe there a three things He gave me when I found Him — hope, joy and wisdom.  I don't need anything else.  If a genie appeared in front of me and offered me three wishes I would say, "thanks, but no thanks.  I'm sticking with a real genie and I'll share Him with anyone who wishes for Him."  All you have to do is ask.  Just close your eyes and wish.

Would you like to share what you would do if you were given three wishes?  I look forward to reading your comments.


No comments: