Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Know When To Fold 'Em



There's a reason I don't play poker.  As soon as I get a good hand, my pupils dilate and my heart pounds so hard you can see the pulse in my neck veins.  My opponents take one look at my poker face and it's all over.  There are times, though, when I fold on purpose.  It has to do with things of this world.  I refrain from sharing my political views or talking about my own specific religious denomination.  Those topics can stir up strong emotions.  They get in the way of the more important topic — things not of this world.  The rules of the game are very different when playing this game:
  1. Everyone at the table can win as long as they stay in the game.  Jesus is in all the cards.  Any player who accepts the cards he is dealt wins.
  2. Everyone is welcome at the table.  Cheaters.  Prostitutes.  Rich.  Poor.  Republicans.  Democrats.  Tea partiers.  IRS employees.  People of all faiths.  People of no faith.  There are no exemptions.
  3. The house rules call for everyone seated at the table to love the other players. 
Are you happy with the hand you've been dealt?  What are you going to do?  Hold 'em or fold 'em?  I hope you stay seated at the table.  Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments: