Thursday, October 3, 2013

How to Have More Peace In Your Life


The last few years of my life are like touring It's a Small World at Disneyland.  There's  one exception — instead of floating in a boat, I'm traveling on a combination of a Merry-go-round, a roller coaster and a Ferris wheel.  I'm moving so fast that law enforcement may pull me over and say, "license and registration, please."  Is it possible to have peace when you're surrounded by chaos?  I say yes.  Here are some ideas to have more peace in your life:
  1. Understand that the ride is broken.  Everyone has their own ideas about why it's broken and how it should be repaired.  They fight.  The only one capable of restoring the ride isn't here right now.  Let the world fight about the ride and stay out of the argument.  Keep your seat belt buckled and fix your eyes on the horizon to avoid vomiting.
  2.  Remember what happens at the end of your ride.  Jesus tells us in John 14:3, "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."
  3. Get to know the other people on the ride.  It's comforting to know we're all in the same boat.  The person seated next to you shares the same struggles.  Encourage the other passengers.  Make new friends.
Now it's your turn.  Please share your thoughts on how to have more peace in your life.  Add your ideas in the comments section below.  Peace be with you.

No comments: