Thursday, October 24, 2013

Turn On the Panorama


The photo you see here is my first panoramic shot.  The wide-angle view captures the streaks of light passing through the trees in my backyard at sunset.  In the old days, people called this a Kodak moment.  For me, this is definitely a "Samsung moment."  I wish I could share this photo with my Grandpa on my mother's side.  He was a professional photographer who had a keen eye for photography.  This photo reminds me of all the times in my life when I fail to look at life using a wide-angle lens.   Have any of these things ever happened to you?...

  1. You feel overwhelmed by your workload.  The pile of stuff you have to do is so big that you lock yourself in a room and close the blinds.  Outside there is a beautiful sunset.  The leaves are turning color.  The grass is luscious green.  But you don't see any of it because you are so narrowly focused on your to do list.
  2. You don't see a way out of your current challenges.  This happens when you fail to turn on the panorama setting in your brain.  You were born with this setting on wide-angle.  As the problems of the world crept into your life, you turned off the panorama and focused only on the problems.
  3. Mean people are blocking your view.  Don't you hate it when they invade a picture-perfect day?
If you are struggling with any of these scenarios, I have an idea for you to consider.  It's really simple.  All you have to do is change the setting in your brain from narrow-minded to panoramic.  Stop focusing all your attention on your workload or your current challenges.  If those mean people standing in front of you won't budge, change camera angles.  You are the photographer.  You decide what settings you want to live in.  Learn how to use panorama so you can see the big picture.

Thanks for stopping by today.  If you have any ideas to contribute about today's message, please respond in the comments section below.

No comments: