Got the Holiday blues? Maybe you find yourself shouting "Bah, humbug" this time of year when your ghosts of Christmas past, present and future haunt you like a bad nightmare. Black Friday crept past its boundary lines and invaded Thanksgiving, transforming it into a game of tackle football we play at the mall while the turkey is still digesting. Here are some ideas to help you find your Holiday Spirit:
- Keep it simple. Spend time with the ones you love. Gather around the fireplace and let others know how much they mean to you.
- Tune in to a Christian radio station for the next thirty days and pay attention to the lyrics. The marketers want you to believe it's all about Black Friday. God wants you to believe it's all about His Son.
- Do some inside decorating. There is a space inside you where Jesus wants to live. Ask yourself, "am I giving Him enough room?" Get rid of all the clutter inside you and allow the Holy Spirit to bring in the Holiday cheer.
- Christmas is not about getting... it's about giving. Your Holiday Spirit will roar like a bonfire when you share your gifts with others who need some Holiday cheer.
- The best way to say "Merry Christmas" is with your actions rather than your words. The world may try to take Christ out of Christmas. This is impossible as long as Jesus is living in your heart. He will always be the source of your Holiday Spirit.