Jesus was a great story teller. He inspired everyone He met to be their best. Consider the top ten list below as an appetizer. I highly recommend you refer to the number one best seller of all times for the full story. Please feel free to add your favorite quotes from Jesus in the comments section below...
- "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." ~Mark 1:17
- "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." ~John 14:3
- “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me. If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake and for the sake of the Good News, you will save it. And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul? If anyone is ashamed of me and my message in these adulterous and sinful days, the Son of Man will be ashamed of that person when he returns in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.” ~Mark 8:34-38
- “For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." ~John 3:16-17
- “And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." ~Luke 11:9-10
- "For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and
you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked
and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and
you came to me.’
Then the righteous will answer him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?'
And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.'" ~Matthew 25:35-40
- He answered: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" ~Luke 10:27
- Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." And they divided up his clothes by casting lots. ~Luke 23:34
- "So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." ~Matthew 6:31-34
- Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." ~John 14:6