When was the last time someone tickled your funny bone? If you can't remember, today's story is for you. Laughter is the best medicine I know. Here are seven ways to crank up your laughometer:
- Understand that God created us in His own image. Judging by all the comedians around, we can deduce God has an incredible sense of humor. Spend time with the funny people He placed in your life and your laughometer will stop flat-lining.
- Visit an Orangutan. These creatures have an amazing ability to mirror our own behavior and show us how funny we really are. The first time I visited a zoo, I didn't want to leave the Orangutan exhibit. We have some hilarious family photos of one of my siblings imitating facial expressions of these amazing animals.
- Laugh at yourself. I discovered one of the reasons my family laughs so hard when they watch Chevy Chase in the Vacation movies is because they see me in the Clark character. Identify your silly side and share it with others.
- Tell more jokes. I will never forget how hard I laughed every time I visited my "Grammy," Alice. The more you practice, the easier it is to make other people laugh.
- Give yourself permission to laugh. You may be facing some really tough challenges right now. It's okay to laugh. Your sense of humor will help you cope with your struggles.
- Spend more time with your family. My children may not be on Saturday Night Live, however, the things they say and do really crack me up.
- Put your humor in a crock-pot and cook it slowly. You are the only one qualified to be you. That doesn't mean you will be funny overnight. It takes practice. Take baby steps and introduce your humorous side a little bit at a time.