Wednesday, November 28, 2012

3 Lessons I Learned From Letting Go of the Rope


I was in a tug-of-war with God.  His side is all-knowing, all-powerful, and all-loving.  Only a fool would hold on to the rope and expect a successful outcome.  I had plans for my life.  All I needed to do was hold on to the rope and keep fighting.  I was so blind I thought if I just prayed, God would help me.  I suppose I was somewhat deaf to His voice.  The truth is He did help me.  He told me to let go of the rope.  My own ego yells.  God whispers.  Here are three lessons I learned from letting go:
  1. If there are two plans, go with the one from all-knowing, all-powerful and all-loving.
  2. Don't second-guess all-knowing, all-powerful and all-loving.
  3. The world may think you are a loser for letting go of the rope.  The only opinion that matters is from all-knowing, all-powerful and all-loving.
What will you do today?

No comments: