Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Treasure Hunt

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. ~ John 3:16

The treasure hunt for new chapters of my book is giving me chills.  I'm finding connections the same way a quarterback finds his receivers in the end zone.  It starts with daily practice.  Every morning I pen a love letter to my bride focusing on what I'm feeling in my heart.  The second part of the routine is to contribute something to this blog.  The practice time and the drills prepare me for the big game...the treasure hunt for unwritten pages of my next book.

The game clock is ticking.  At this moment, it's half time and you are invited into the locker room to get a behind the scenes look at my coach.  The Holy Spirit is drawing up some new plays to help me win the game before time expires.  The advance scouting report is used to keep the opponent from maintaining possession. 

After the half-time pep talk, I run out onto the field all charged up and spot a spectator standing behind the goal post.  He's holding up a giant banner that sums everything up... John 3:16.  Jesus is the missing link.  Without Him, there is no reason to publish a book.  By the time the game clock expires everyone will get the message.

No comments: