Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sand Castles

For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. ~ Romans 8:14

What happens when you let your child play in the sand and you give him a shovel and a bucket?  I think back to the first time my oldest son discovered the beach.  He literally covered himself from head to toe, rolling around and burying his whole body in it.  When it was time to go home, he tried to cling to it with both hands and refused to let go of it.

I feel the same way about my "sand box" time.  When I enter my play area loaded with writing toys, all I want to do is transform the sand into sand castles.  This is what happens when you discover your reason for existing.

It's time to bury myself in the sand and create a new sand castle.  Soon, the sun will pop up over the horizon and the rest of the world will wake up.  I'm thankful for this daily morning time to play in my sandbox.  When my masterpiece is complete, I look forward to sharing it with you.

No comments: