Monday, November 28, 2011

Turn On Your Magnet

Is your magnet on?  I'm talking about that invisible force that draws others into your life.  If the right people are avoiding you, it's time for you to flip the switch.  Smile.  Lift up those drooping shoulders.  Scrap those scruffy clothes and dress for success.  Get involved in your community.  Send thank you notes.  Compliment the people who brighten your life.

This message was inspired by the sweet lady who served my breakfast while I was competing at the national tennis tournament in Indian Wells.  My wife pointed out I was the only one in our group to get a hug from her when we said good-bye on our last day at the resort.  Yes, my magnet was on.  It's easy to have the switch in the on position when you're on vacation.  If you're having a bad day, pretend you're in a happy place in your mind.  Your magnet will attract fun people who can cheer you up.  Practice this daily and you will develop a "magnetic" personality.

No comments: