Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Hidden Meaning of Thanksgiving

It doesn't matter where you live.  Thanksgiving is for every member of the human race.  Sure, the first pilgrims started the tradition of Thanksgiving when they arrived in the New World centuries ago.  They wanted the freedom to worship God without persecution.  They wanted equality for all, including non-believers.

Politicians may attempt to cover up the real meaning of Thanksgiving.  Authorities seek political correctness, changing history books to accommodate those who lack faith.  The government is not allowed to take away the freedom to give thanks to God.  Your life and everything you possess is a gift from God.  When you thank God for all the blessings in your life, you've uncovered the hidden meaning of Thanksgiving.

For me, the biggest blessings in my life are my wife and children.  I thank God for every day I get go be with them.  On this Thanksgiving day, my family will be together.  We will take turns sharing what we are thankful for.  When it's my turn, I will say, "Thank you, Lord, for giving me the opportunity to be a husband and father.  Thank you for sending your Holy Spirit to help me get better at these roles with each passing day.  And thank you for teaching me the real meaning of Thanksgiving."

I thank God for giving me the opportunity to share this Thanksgiving message with readers all over the world.  And for those willing to die so that others may gain the freedom we sometimes take for granted in the United States.  May God bless you and your family.  Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: