Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Fight of My Life

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. ~ 2 Timothy 4:7

I chatted with one of my blog followers the other day and asked her why she liked reading my stories.  "You're a regular guy," she said, "and the problems you share are the same problems everyone else has.  People can relate to your messages and they find hope."

There is a balance between sharing and maintaining privacy of loved ones.  They are relieved to know my second book is about my own personal journey and the only thing I will share about them is a dedication at the front of the book thanking them for the sacrifices they make so I can publish.

The path I'm on now is overgrown with weeds and few before me have ventured this way.  I began this journey with a full load of supplies and the attitude of a warrior who is unstoppable.  The fight of my life is for those souls who drifted off the main highway and got stuck in the wilderness.  The Enemy is tracking my win-loss record and does not like my presence in His territory.  He thinks it's His arena but He's wrong.  I've heard His press conferences and I know His taunts.  The only voice I care about is from Jesus and He promises me the opponent will be forced into retirement... forever.

My face and body resembles a UFC fighter in the cage, the one who is losing.  It would be so easy to "tap out."  When I'm weak and weary, I reflect on the encouragement my friend gave me during an elevator talk.  I think of all the people in the world who are struggling to win their own fight.  If I were to throw in the towel and give up, what would the world do?  The price of defeat in this spiritual war is too high.  I must sacrifice everything and be willing to win this fight.  As long as I stay connected to the One I serve and don't turn my back on Him, I will win this fight.  Then I will hold the belt high for the world to see... all for the glory of the One who sent me into the ring.

Will you support me in this fight?  Become a follower of this blog.  Look for the follower button on the right and join His team.  The One who trains me is undefeated...even in death.  He is my hero.

No comments: