Tuesday, August 10, 2010

God-Centered Goals

There was a time in my youth when I was a maniac at setting goals.  Some may have called it a sign of OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder).  As I reflect on my life, I see how selfish many of my early goals were.  When you believe your success is in your hands alone, you do become laser-focused and the fear of failure motivates you to fight hard.

My attitude towards goal planning has changed dramatically over the years.  As I plan for the future, I start my goal planning with prayer.  I ask, "Father, is this the direction you want me to go?"  I wait patiently for some kind of inner voice.  The answer does not always come right away.  Sometimes it is in the form of a stranger who says the right thing at the right time. 

There are always two distinct paths with every goal, the one you want for yourself and the one God wants for you.  When you learn to take the road that God wants for you, events unfold that are out of this world and people come into your life that will amaze you.  Impossible obstacles will disappear and your life will become meaningful.

When you set God-centered goals and you have faith that the Holy Spirit will be there to help you, there is absolutely no way that you will fail.  You will stumble, yes, but you will eventually reach the goals that God has placed you on this planet to attain. 

No comments: