Thursday, March 2, 2023

Wheels Up Tonight

Family time ahead.  Yes, it's a funeral.  It's the kind of funeral you want to attend because the congregation will be filled with people who know how to celebrate a life well-lived.  Sure, many are grieving.  That's normal.  The good news here is we know Dr. Thomas Mulligan is now in a place where it's always sunny. No, it's not Philadelphia, it's Heaven.

Nonbelievers may ask, "How can you be so sure your uncle made it in?"  Is it because your uncle's ears perked up when he heard the message, "Be fruitful and multiply"?  Is it because the Tom and Teresa Mulligan team stayed married of 65 years and didn't give up on each when the weather got stormy?  Is it because Dr. Mulligan helped so many who were slipping?  We can all agree that it certainly isn't easy to raise eight kids in these times.  We can agree that staying married for six and half decades isn't easy.  We can certainly agree that every marriage has it's storms and many give up on their vows before death.  So, how do I know for sure that my dad's oldest living brother is now in Heaven?  I believe my uncle made it for one reason...he asked Jesus to forgive him for his sins.  Rumor has it that he took a mulligan on the Last Rites and got another opportunity shortly before he crossed the finish line and entered paradise.  

I would like to thank my boss at my day job for allowing me to be with my family during this time of loss.  My teammates will be working extra hard to cover for me while I'm away.  I'm much appreciative.  I'm headed for the Valley of the Sun.  It may not be Heaven but it will sure feel like it when I get there after all the recent winter storms in Iowa.  Have a great day.

No comments: