Monday, March 6, 2023

If These Walls Could Talk


 My family time in the Valley of the Sun is coming to a conclusion soon.  I'm staying with my mom in the same home where I grew up.  The numbers posted on her home are 1008.  Oddly enough, they happen to be the same numbers I dial up every morning to post my blog while in the central time zone.  This is in order to remain consistent with the pacific time zone where this blog was born nearly 5,000 stories ago on the west coast.

The casual observer may not understand what inspires all these stories or why so much of what I do is so precise.  If the walls at 1008 could speak they would have much to say.  For those who once lived within these walls, still live within these walls, or visited us within these walls, you can relax.  Walls don't talk.

All of us on this planet are on a journey.  The way we go about this journey is influenced by our friends and our loved ones.  We are shaped by our experiences.  Take care when you are tempted to judge someone who may not be living what you believe to be his or her best life.  Read the writing on your own wall first.  Erase what causes you pain and forgive those who throw eggs on your wall.  

May God bless the family that grew up at 1008.  The walls I woke up within this morning remain silent.  They rest in peace.  Perhaps they are a reflection of those who call this place home.  Have a great day.

No comments: