Saturday, March 18, 2023

The Breakfast of Champions



Consider the idea that you have been mostly bamboozled when it comes to food choices.  The deeper I dig in my food research/experiments the more I realize that most of what I thought I knew is incorrect.  What I do know is that certain foods cause my body to sound off the five alarm fire bells.  My body goes into defense mode and the result is inflammation.  I have been searching for the why about these foods.  I'm also hoping that the lessons I learn can be passed on to friends and family.

The picture you see here is this morning's breakfast.  It will be my only food until the conclusion of my day job shift.  No snacks.  No lunch.  Just water all day long.  This meal looks far different from what the food authorities recommend.  Remember all the low fat high carb commercials?  I'm not buying what they're selling.  I'm teaching my body to go big on fat without carbs or sugar.  

You may be surprised to know just how I eat the chicken.  First, I prepare my bacon on the stove top.  Next, I add the chicken to the fat from the bacon.  The 1/2 avocado is more fat.  This is the good fat because it's not processed.  The eggs give me protein.  The spinach and the eggs are doused in butter.  The really healthy grass fed butter.  The more fat the better.  My body is really liking my food choices.  This wasn't easy.  I had to teach my body to forget about sugar.  Not easy.  I'll share more later.  Time to get to my day job.  Have a great day.

No comments: