Friday, March 3, 2023

Time to Say Goodbye

 He's already gone.  Uncle Tom checked into Heaven exactly one week ago on the 50th anniversary of his dad's passing.  Coincidence?  Maybe.  If you know my uncle you may think otherwise.  Rumor has it that my uncle and his brothers all wanted to have St. Patrick's Day babies.  My gut tells me that my dad, Patrick, wanted to put this on his resumé.  By the way, happy birthday to my three sisters who, coincidentally, are all born in the month of March.  Happy birthday to my cousin Mary, also born in March.  And let's not forget Patty Mulligan, who, as predicted by her dad, is celebrating her birthday one week from today.  I don't want to leave my daughter out either who happens to share her March 17th birthday with my first cousin.

If any rumors of the grandkids playing "Last one to touch granddad" come up during our family reunion, let me just say that was fifty years ago and I can neither confirm or deny such shenanigans.  Let's just say we Mulligans have our own unique way of finding joy at all times and under all circumstances with maybe one exception – showing up at elementary school with matching buzz haircuts.  My two brothers and I got our military grade cuts using the lowest setting.  Uncle Tom preferred not to put those plastic clips on his razor, once again winning top prize for shortest hair at MHT.  The support group for anyone who needs counseling will take place at the table right to another reception table for the members of the "I'm married/no longer married to a Mulligan group.  This group certainly, in my opinion, will have the best seats in the house when it's their turn to be with our Lord and all the others who have passed before us.  RIP, uncle Tom.  Have a great day.

No comments: