Thursday, March 16, 2023

Day 75 Catechism in a Year

 This may not seem like a big deal to others but it's a big deal to me.  The youth pastor my mother introduced me to on YouTube hosted a narrated Bible in a Year series that I followed last year and for the first time in my life at age 62 the Bible turned into something rather extraordinary.  I felt closer to God than ever.  What could top a mountaintop experience like that?  Well, if you happen to be in my denomination or even if you're from another branch of Christianity, the answer is the catechism in a year.  

Today is day 75 in this pastor's first ever narration that will also go for an entire year.  What's it all about?  Creation.  God the Father.  God the Son, Jesus.  The Holy Spirit.  2,000 years of wrestling with how everything fits together.  Not easy.  In fact, I wasn't sure I could keep up.  The first couple of weeks were way over my head.  I'm finding my rhythm.  This is going to be a very big year.  If you're curious what I'm learning, just ask.  Have a great day.

No comments: