Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Beware of the Hacker

 It finally happened.  A hacker decided to create a fake FaceBook account using my name.  I was warned by two people in my circle of friends that I was hacked.  One friend actually communicated with the hacker and shut the person down by asking a personal question that only the real Michael Mulligan could answer.  Kudos to my friend for exposing the imposter.  Another friend reported the hacker.  The world is becoming more dangerous because of people like these who want to steal from us.

The hacker hopes you run and hide while they wreak havoc with your identity.  I'm choosing to handle the situation differently.  I'm shining the spot light on the hacker and all of his or her buddies.  The hacker doesn't want my money, he or she wants yours.  The hacker hopes to steal from you by offering something that looks like it's from me.  I will never ask you for money or to participate in some kind of grant program like the hacker did the other day with one of my friends.  I will never attack others or say or do anything that is hurtful, even to the hacker who is attempting to steal my identity.  That doesn't mean this hacker gets a free pass.  Nope.  This hacker is getting called out in the very place where he or she is operating, social media.  Thank you for inspiring me to pen this story.  Stay tuned.  I will be helping my friends and family protect themselves from hackers like the one who infiltrated a few days ago.  Have a great day.

No comments: