Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Double Birthday Today

Happy birthday to two of my siblings, born on the same day in different years.  Just wanted you to know your brother is thinking about you on your special day.  Speaking of birthdays, the birthday cake is officially off my food list for good.  Ice cream too.  Maybe it's a good thing I'm living so far away from the temptation to eat cake with my sisters.  You may be asking, "What's the harm in one slice?"  Sure, one slice may not seem like a big deal.  It's what comes after the slice that matters to someone like me.  One slice leads to another.  Next, it's the sea salt chocolates.  I find myself drowning in sweets.  Maybe that's why one slice of birthday cake is so dangerous.  The flood gates open and it's almost impossible to walk away.

If today's story is lacking sweetness, don't worry.  I'm working on some alternatives to cake and ice cream that may become reasonable substitutes for future birthday celebrations.  If the food experiments work I promise to share them with you.  Have a great day.


No comments: