Wednesday, March 29, 2023

How I Stopped My Hackers

 I would like to thank my friends and family for their quick response to my hack attack.  I feel like my circle of friends behave like cyber neighborhood watch dogs.  I was visiting with my mother in our kitchen yesterday when she opened up her FaceBook page and got a request from a Michael Mulligan, the same imposter who has been trying to steal money from my friends.  As of this morning, this hacker is snuffed out.

If you ever get hacked or if an imposter creates a FaceBook page using your identity, remain calm and move swiftly.  Don't be embarrassed or afraid.  That's what they want you to do, hide.  This will only make the situation worse while your friends get conned by someone posing as yourself.  Be very, very careful.  These hackers appear to be working in teams.  The first hacker copies your identity.  The rest of them swoop in like vultures when you call out for help.  They are ready to direct you to places where the real con begins.  They want referrals to keep their ponzi scheme going and they want your money.  They will falsely tell you that FaceBook employees can't help.  That is pure BS.  My imposter is out of my life because I immediately reported the thievery and FaceBook took action.  Also, I called out each and every hacker that joined in to offer help by attempting to direct me to false sites fully equipped to steal from me.  I shined the spotlight on them and exposed their attacks.

Now is a good time to updated your passwords.  Do this regularly.  Avoid using the same password in multiple places.  Don't answer the phone when the phone number is unknown.  Real friends leave messages and you can call back once you cut out the rift raft.  If and when you do get hacked or you discover someone is using your identity, let your friends know immediately to minimize any damage.  Use credit cards instead of debit cards for maximum fraud protection.  Put a freeze on all three credit bureaus.   Have a great day.

No comments: