Monday, June 6, 2022

The Most Powerful Woman I Know

 She opened the front door at 12:01 am to greet me this morning on 6/6. I said, "happy anniversary."   Mom chuckled. They stopped celebrating when their marriage ended.  Let's just say there were times when dark forces descended upon our family and there were times we all felt we were in some kind of a war zone.  Even the family priest stopped visiting.  That didn’t stop mom from loving her six children.  She never ceased praying for us.  Her power strengthened as she grew closer to Jesus.

I have the pleasure of spending four days with the most powerful woman I know.  We are attending two funerals together before I return home.  I get the honor of being mom's chauffeur on the three hour drive to Yuma for an important funeral, my Godmother.  My parents chose their closest friends to be my Godparents.  It will be good to see my Godfather in the flesh and thank him for getting me started in my faith.

If you ever get the opportunity to meet my mother, do not be deceived by her slow steps or her quiet ways.  This woman wields great power.  I know the source of this power.  It is the same power that can make a lame man walk, a blind man see, and a dead man rise from the dead.  It is also a power that can forgive an ex who left the battlefield when the heat was on.  Forgiveness.  This is a supernatural gift.  I understand it's power.  I learned it first-hand from the most powerful woman I know.  This will be an amazing four days.  Have a great day.

No comments: