Saturday, June 4, 2022

The List

 The first big list you probably found out about was Santa's list.  He was checking it twice to see if you were naughty or nice.  Nice meant you got the rewards on Christmas day.  Naughty meant nothing.  My Godmother maintained her own list.  My mom found out during the final conversation with Ann Marie Daniel that her name was on Ann's list.  This list was like gold because it meant Ann was praying daily, even while Ann was dealing with her own struggle with leukemia for the last ten years of her amazing life.  

Jesus also has a list of names.  These are the people who know his voice and follow him.  He will leave 99 people on the list in search of you, the lost one, so he can claim you.  If you listen carefully, you may hear Jesus calling you, especially in times of distress.  Those of us who are part of the 99 who are already on the list are tasked with sharing how good it is to be on the list.  

I'm heading to Arizona tomorrow night after my shift ends at my day job.  I'm going to pay my respects to my Godmother and her family.  Before I return home, I'm going to a second funeral for another family friend who helped us in our time of need.  I know deep within my own heart that these two faithful servants are on the list.  Jesus called them and now they are home.  

I want to assure you that no matter where you are right now you can be added to the list simply by asking Jesus to add you.  Add your name today and do everything in your power to share how good it is to be on the list with others who may not know Jesus.  Have a great day.

No comments: