Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Day 2 in the Valley of the Sun

 The heat is on.  The high in Phoenix is expected to reach 106° today.  Temps will increase every day while I'm here.  This morning I woke up in my childhood bedroom after a full night of deep sleep.  It's going to be a great day to take a dip in my mom's swimming pool and spend the day chatting with her.

It's funny how visiting your past surroundings stirs up memories.  This morning I'm reflecting on my childhood prayer requests.  There were so many times when my heart was filled with anger because I felt my prayers seemed to vaporize in the summer heat.  With the exception of my best friend who visited yesterday, most people in my life were unaware of my trials.  

My mother, the eternal optimist, reminds me of all the times when my prayers were answered.  That's what I reflected on this morning...answered prayers.  I have some new prayers to add today and I trust they will be answered according to God's will.  My emotions are no longer tied to the response.  What's important is knowing there is a God who loves us.  He hears every prayer.  Today he is waiting to hear from you.  As for me, I won't ask God to cools the temps here in Phoenix but I will ask for help coping when the heat is on here in the valley of the sun.  Have a great day.

No comments: