Friday, June 3, 2022

This is Not the Time to Fold 'Em

 I've been staring at my cards a long time.  Many in my age group have already folded them.  Well, I can say with 100% certainty that this is NOT the time to fold them.  Something in my gut tells me it's not your time either.  You wouldn't be visiting here if you were the folding type.  Sure, there are all kinds of reasons to doubt what I'm saying.  The world is truly upside down.  In my opinion, it's going to get much worse before we see the light.  If this is so, why not fold 'em?

The world needs players who are willing to stay in the game.  Our job today is to inspire others to play their hands.  The cards you are holding are meant for you and only you.  If you fold, the world loses something that is unique to you.  The world needs your contribution.

Something really odd happened yesterday at my day job.  A nurse came in to join near the end of my shift.  She told me she works in oncology at the local hospital.  Her eyes welled up when I told her about our fund raising efforts for the sick kids and offered a picture of our local champion, Nile.  I told her my Godmother passed away a few days ago.  My Godmother battled leukemia for ten years refusing to fold her cards.  The nurse shared that her nephew was diagnosed with leukemia and he is still fighting.  While she was signing up one of her nurse friends walked up.  A few minutes later, a mutual patient joined the conversation.  The nurse seemed shocked that all of this was happening right before our eyes.  Once everything calmed down the nurse joined our family and became a member just in time for my shift to come to a conclusion.  The last thing she said to me was that she would pray I could get time off next week to attend my Godmother's funeral in Yuma, Arizona.  My cards don't look too good for this to happen.  All I can say is I'm not folding 'em.  God dealt me these cards and I'm playing them.  Have a great day.

No comments: