Monday, June 13, 2022

BIAY Catch Up Day Today

 I'm still recovering from my time warp experience a couple of days ago.  It's really easy to get lost especially when you're dealing with the consequences of the aging process.  I'm doing my best to minimize the process through proper nutrition, sleep, exercise and molecule supplements.  Meditation also plays an important role in my life.  I do believe that above all else, a healthy spiritual life is absolutely critical.  It would be foolish to attempt to fix things without consulting an owner's manual.  I have no excuse for not reading the Bible cover to cover but it is better late than never.  I'm thankful I discovered the Bible in a Year podcast.  The daily podcasts are my number one commitment for this year.  I was doing really well until the time warp knocked me down.  

Today is a spiritual recovery day.  It's the first day I feel like I have enough time in the day to work on what's really important.  There are those who argue that the Old Testament isn't really that important because it mainly applies to the Jewish people.  Modern day denominations emphasize the New Testament because that's where Jesus enters the picture.  After spending nearly six months in the Old Testament, I can honestly say that the Old Testament is a big deal.  It's worth exploring, especially if you have a guide to help you navigate.  

How are you doing with your goals for the year?  The half-way point is only a couple of weeks away.  If you're behind like me, don't worry.  You can make the adjustments to get back on course.  Remember why you set those goals in the first place.  Don't give up.  I'm thankful to be almost half-way through the owner's manual.  If you want to understand yourself better and you want to figure out what your purpose is, try the Bible.  Have a great day.

No comments: