Sunday, June 12, 2022

My First Stint at Time Travel

 It's Sunday.  Again.  Two back-to-back Sundays in a row.  If you read yesterday's story, "Time Warp," you already know how I did it.  Before you send me to the asylum, let me explain what happened...

I woke up yesterday at approximately 6am.  My mind and body felt recharged after one of the busiest days I've witnessed at my day job.  It was so busy that I came home thinking it was Saturday.  I wondered about my tennis team and why they hadn't checked in about the district match they were playing in for the state championships in the 18+ age group.  I checked my cell phone one last time for the results before retiring for the evening.  I remember being excited to sleep in the following morning which I believed to be Sunday.  I meditated for close to an hour and then chatted with my wife about my trip to Arizona, still believing it was Sunday.  I didn't discover my mental lapse until 9am when my wife revealed it was Saturday and my shift already started.  

I got dressed and rushed out the door after sending a quick text to let my boss know I was late.  My aunt Helen and I have been playing phone tag.  I decided to give her another try while commuting to my day job.  She got a good laugh about my time travel stint and we talked about a future visit.  Her mother used to tell me, "If I don't see you in the future, I'll see you in the pasture."  

My aunt Marcie on my mother's side of the family quipped that my time travel stint is also known as a "senior moment."  As warped as my brain is, and as much as I enjoy science fiction, I must say that experiencing two back-to-back Sundays in a row is rather amusing.  My wife already knows I'm "out there," especially when I'm meditating with my head phones on every morning before I get out of bed.  She asks me where I've been and I share my out-of-body experiences, usually to distant galaxies, or local places I plan to visit when I'm back in my own carcass.  

Whatever the future may bring, I'm happy to keep sharing my life with you.  Only God knows if time travel may or may not be in my future.  All I can say is today is a glorious Sunday, just like yesterday.  Have a great day.

No comments: