Thursday, January 9, 2020

Your Future is Calling

Imagine the phone ringing.  You answer the call.  It's your future self.  Why is your future self calling you at this moment?  Is it to beat you up for breaking all the resolutions you made?  Is it to thank you for your willingness to make positive changes in your life and give the future you something really special, like a new body and a new mind?

I have this strange feeling I already know what my future self would say.  It would go something like this, "Hey Mully, nice work on that Par for the Course Game you and I created.  2019 seems like such a long time ago from my point of view but I want you to know I still remember how we both stumbled through that first year filled with so many bogeys at the beginning of the game.  Don't beat yourself up too much about that bogey you're going to make this month.  You really love to win and Par for the Course is one of those games where you simply can't make a par or an eagle every month. You chose to buy new tires for our lovely spouse and that set you back a few pesos but just wait until you see those storms in your future.  Thank God you did the right thing and put our love's safety first.    I'm calling you today to thank you for never ever giving up.  Happy New Year!"

By the way, Par for the Course is something I came up with to make debt reduction more like a game than some kind of boring chore that you don't want to do because instant gratification is so much more appealing.  I want my future self to live in abundance and this will only happen if I make the daily effort to improve my shot-making skills on the financial freedom course.  Have a great day.

No comments: