Monday, January 6, 2020

Space, an Interesting Frontier

New experiences are something every mind, body, and soul needs.  One of my projects for this new decade is to explore space.  Not the out-of-the-world type only reserved for astronauts.  I'm talking about something much closer in proximity.  There are billions of strands of nebulous rarely explored by others because most visitors don't see enough to captivate their attention so they exit vowing never to return.   For me, time ceases while I'm traversing this inner galaxy of my own mind.  It's a complicated place.  The longer I remain, the more I learn about myself.

Here's an interesting proposition for you to consider.  Ask yourself, "how can I make this year different from all previous years?"  Stop reading and think seriously about how to answer this question.  Give yourself five minutes and then come back.  I'll share my challenge with you.  Give inner space exploration a try.  I want you to try it for 30 days and see if you find an improvement in your sense of well-being.  Give yourself 10 minutes a day.  This is your time.  Be selfish and don't let any other priorities get in the way.  If you tell me you're too busy, I challenge you to double your allotment of time to 20 minutes a day because I believe busy people like you need this most.

What do you do with this 10 to 20 minutes a day of inner space exploration?  Nothing.  Your only job is to shut off the outside world and explore your own mind with your eyes closed.  Seek out the places in your brain where happy memories are stored.  Pretend you're at the movie theater.  Concentrate on how you feel while you view childhood scenes with your family and friends.  Pay attention to how you breathe.  Don't open your eyes until your time is up.  I use a timer to remind myself to unfasten my seat belt and come back to earth.  For me, staring at a blank screen for up to two hours a day is life-changing.  Space is an interesting frontier.  You may find when your 30 days are up that you may have a new perspective to view the world around you.  See for yourself.  Have a great day.

No comments: