Saturday, January 18, 2020

Living the Paradox

Everything is upside down today.  There are semis flipped over on the interstate.  A sheet of ice is on top of the snow and my day job somehow turned into a night job, at least for the next 24 hours.  I read a report that they shut down O'Hare airport due to the storm that has the Midwest in a frenzy.

These are the days and nights when the uncertainty is so bleak that we should have trouble seeing what's ahead.  Not me.  I'm using this time to close my eyes and picture myself on a sunny beach soaking up huge doses of vitamin D.  Is it really possible to get a tan when the state of Iowa is pretty much a frozen tundra?  I see something in this great paradox I appear to be tangled up in today where dreams and reality are somewhat distorted from the blizzard passing through.  I see paradise right smack in the bullseye of my paradox and I'm running (perhaps sliding is a better word) to it as soon as I punch out at my day/night job.  My reality will never again be certain.  That's okay.  The one I follow will show me the way.  The only thing I know for certain is that I'm so far away from my comfort zone that the shadow of fear creeping behind me got lost.  Have a great day.

No comments: